Balsamic and Peach Chicken Skillet
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium450 mg
- Total Carbohydrate15 g
- Protein15 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6-8 frozen chicken thigh strips
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup sunburst tomatoes, halved
1 peach, cored and diced
1/2 tablespoon cilantro
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon chicken stock
salt and pepper
1/2 medium yellow onion
2 tablespoon garlic (or 2 cloves) diced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon peach preserves
- In skillet add 1 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. chicken stock, place chicken in pan and season with salt and pepper. Turn on heat to medium and place lid over skillet. Turning occasionally, cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170.
- While chicken cooks prepare salsa by slicing tomatoes, juicing lemon and dicing peach and cilantro. Combine well and lightly season with salt to taste.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and cover. Reduce heat to low and add onions, sauté 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rest of ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken and top with peach and tomato salsa and fresh herbs.