Marinated steak is the trick to making real tender delicious beef fajitas. This pico de gallo adds zucchini for an extra bit of freshness.
Beef Fajitas with Pico de Gallo
- Total Fat22 g
- Cholesterol87 mg
- Sodium636 mg
- Total Carbohydrate42 g
- Protein40 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 , about 1 1/2-lb.
3 tablespoon lime juice, divided
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup salsa
8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, vegetable oil and garlic in a resealable plastic bag. Add steak; turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- To make pico de gallo, combine tomato, zucchini, cilantro, salsa and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium bowl. Refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to medium. Remove steak; discard marinade. Grill, uncovered and turning occasionally, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness (internal temp 150°F to 160°F).
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve in tortillas with pico de gallo.