Beef Steak and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Total Fat34 g
- Cholesterol70 mg
- Sodium554 mg
- Total Carbohydrate16 g
- Protein28 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 pound , cut 1-inch thick
16 small mushrooms
1 large bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
1 medium Japanese eggplant, sliced into 1-inch slices
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1-inch slices
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
8 cup salad greens, torn
3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- To prevent a bitter taste, toss eggplant slices with 1 teaspoon of salt and place in a colander to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place mushrooms, peppers, eggplant, onion and zucchini in pan; spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with garlic and rosemary; add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- Roast vegetables 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Wash hands. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Place steaks in skillet; cook top loin steaks, turning occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes (tenderloin steaks 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness (internal temp 140°F to 150°F). Remove; let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F.)
- Carve steaks; season with salt. Arrange meat and roasted vegetables on greens. Serve with Italian dressing.