Baked, breaded chicken is simple to make and satisfying to eat. Add zip to it with this tasty Dijon sauce.
Baked Breaded Chicken
- Total Fat23 g
- Cholesterol283 mg
- Sodium1017 mg
- Total Carbohydrate23 g
- Protein51 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus 2 teaspoons
1/2 cup garlic-and-herb seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Blend egg and 1 tablespoon mustard in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in separate shallow dish. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in egg mixture; then dip in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place coated chicken in baking pan. Spray chicken lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until done (internal temp 170°F).
- To make mustard sauce, blend remaining 2 teaspoons mustard, half-and-half and sugar in a small bowl.
- Serve with sliced tomato and mozzarella cheese and steamed French-cut green beans.