Stratas are a type of casserole, similar to a quiche or frittata. For this meal, layer French bread, cheese, spices, and Grilled & Ready® chicken to create an aromatic pleasure, sure to please the family.
Broccoli and Chicken Strata
- Total Fat16 g
- Cholesterol210 mg
- Sodium810 mg
- Total Carbohydrate32 g
- Protein32 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 cup broccoli florets, fresh
5 cup French bread cubes
1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
2 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with clean paper towels; set aside.
- Layer half of the bread cubes in a greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the cheese, Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips, and broccoli. Top with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, dry mustard, and pepper. Pour evenly over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake, uncovered, about 1-1/4 hours or until browned and the center is nearly set (there may still be some liquid egg in very center of dish). Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving (egg mixture will continue to set during standing).