Cajun Chicken Bake
- Total Fat29 g
- Cholesterol135 mg
- Sodium1230 mg
- Total Carbohydrate47 g
- Protein44 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning blend, divided
12 ounce penne pasta, dried
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cup milk
2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
16 ounce frozen sweet pepper stir-fry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, remaining 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thicken and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Reduce heat to low. Add the 1-1/2 cups cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Add cooked pasta and sweet pepper stir-fry to sauce; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with reserved chicken.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.