Our take on the spicy New Orleans favorite replaces sausage with fresh chicken and Canadian bacon but keeps the Cajun flavor.
Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
- Total Fat13 g
- Cholesterol32 mg
- Sodium1179 mg
- Total Carbohydrate48 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped
1 cup long grain rice
3 ounce Canadian bacon, diced
1 cup salsa, medium
1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth, 14-oz.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Cook chicken 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook green pepper, three-fourths of scallions and celery 5 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add uncooked rice to skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in bacon, salsa and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and chicken is done (internal temp 170°F).
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining scallions before serving.