This tasty chicken dish swaps in lighter broccoli cole slaw for pasta, but keeps rich Italian flavor around with creamy tomato soup and portabella. Recipe inspired by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
Chicken Amore Pasta Swap
- Total Fat4 g
- Cholesterol70 mg
- Sodium840 mg
- Total Carbohydrate37 g
- Protein34 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 cup creamy tomato soup, 4g fat or less per serving
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoon fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 cup broccoli cole slaw
1 cup portabella mushroom, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix soup with sour cream. Stir in basil and Italian seasoning.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add broccoli slaw and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook until fully softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover and, if needed, cook and stir until water has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer slaw to a large bowl and blot away excess moisture.
- Remove skillet from heat, re-spray and return to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips according to package directions. Chop into smaller pieces.
- Add chicken, soup mixture and slaw to the skillet. Cook and stir until hot and well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.