A crunchy tostada is a tasty way to enjoy fresh Mexican ingredients like cilantro, avocado, tomato, and peppers. Recipe by Budget Gourmet Mom.
Chicken and Black Bean Tostada
- Total Fat13 g
- Cholesterol60 mg
- Sodium410 mg
- Total Carbohydrate28 g
- Protein23 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 cayenne pepper, optional
1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
1/4 cup water
1 bunch cilantro
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 salt, to taste
1 pepper, to taste
6 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 mango, diced
6 tablespoons queso fresco
- Prepare Grilled & Ready® Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast according to package directions. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the black beans with water and season with salt and pepper. Roughly mash the beans with a fork. Cook, stirring often, until heated through.
- To make pesto, place cilantro, avocado, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in food processor. Slowly add the oil while the processor is running. Set aside.
- In a small skillet heat a 1/4" of oil over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla for a minute or until crisp. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Spread each tortilla with a couple of tablespoons of mashed black beans, 1 tablespoon of pesto, romaine, chicken, diced tomatoes, diced mango, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon queso fresco.