Long word, not long to make. Thin sheets of phyllo dough make the base that encase fresh seasonings like thyme, sage, mint and garlic, along with feta cheese and Grilled & Ready® chicken. Just bake until golden brown.
Chicken and Mushroom Spanakopita
- Total Fat18 g
- Cholesterol100 mg
- Sodium1250 mg
- Total Carbohydrate64 g
- Protein34 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup mushrooms, fresh, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
4 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry
36 sheet phyllo dough, 14"x9" size
1 butter flavored cooking spray
- Prepare Grilled & Ready chicken breast strips according to package directions. Chop when cooled.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and add mushrooms. Cook, stirring until tender. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and add herbs, spinach, cheese and chicken. Mix well.
- In working with phyllo it is important not to let the very thin sheets dry out. Open package of phyllo sheets, unfold sheets and cover with a loose sheet of plastic wrap and cover plastic wrap with a damp towel; replace plastic and towel as you remove sheets for the stack. You will be layering 6 sheets of phyllo for the spanakopita assembly. On a piece of waxed paper sprayed with cooking spray lay the first sheet of phyllo and spray with cooking spray, layer second sheet on top and again spray with cooking spray, continue layering sheets until 6 have been neatly stacked. Cut the stack in half lengthwise.
- Place 1/3 cup of filling on one end of each strip. Fold corner of dough over filling to form a triangle. Continue to fold like a flag up entire length of phyllo. Spritz end with cooking spay and place on baking sheets with seam side down.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.