Sautéed chicken thighs covered in a creamy white wine sauce, served over a bed of egg-noodles. Garlic and a pinch of paprika brings delicious elegance to your plate.
Chicken and Noodles with White Wine Sauce
- Total Fat17 g
- Cholesterol125 mg
- Sodium350 mg
- Total Carbohydrate46 g
- Protein24 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons onions, white, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 bag egg noodles, 16-oz., cooked and drained
4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Boil water for egg noodles and cook per package instruction while cooking chicken and preparing sauce.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season both sides of each thigh with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place well-seasoned chicken thighs face down and brown about 5-6 minutes on each side. When internal temperature reaches 170F chicken is fully cooked, remove from skillet and set aside on cutting board.
- Add butter, chopped garlic, onions, and celery to skillet, cook until all ingredients are soft or translucent.
- Add chicken broth and mix well. Add white wine and bring to a boil. Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the heavy cream and mix well until sauce begins to thicken.
- Slice chicken thighs into thin strips, add strips to sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon chicken and sauce over egg noodles and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.