Savory crispy chicken strips layered over caramelized onion waffles with layers of creamy carrot, green onion and parsley slaw and white barbeque sauce.
Chicken and Waffles
- Total Fat18 g
- Cholesterol40 mg
- Sodium880 mg
- Total Carbohydrate35 g
- Protein18 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 cup Sliced Green Onion
2 tablespoon Prepared Cole Slaw Dressing
1/2 cup Mayonaise
1/8 teaspoon Horseradish
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Paste
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion, small diced
1/2 cup Water
5.5 ounce Caramelized Onion
1 and 1/3 cup Dry Pancake or Waffle Batter
1/4 cup Fresh Italian Parsley Leaves
1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- Prepare chicken according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high, cook the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add water and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the water is gone, drain over paper towels. Mix the onion with the dry batter and water. Cook in a ¼ cup of the batter in a waffle iron. Repeat cooking process with remaining batter.
- Mix all ingredients of the Slaw together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Layer the sauce, chicken and slaw on the waffle and serve.