This classic Asian comfort food — fluffy rice, hearty chicken and tasty veggies — satisfies straight out of the skillet or reheated.
Chicken Fried Rice
- Total Fat4 g
- Cholesterol34 mg
- Sodium346 mg
- Total Carbohydrate35 g
- Protein22 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
1/2 cup egg substitute
3 cups long grain rice, cooked and chilled
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or wok to medium-high. Sauté chicken 3 to 4 minutes or until done (internal temp 170°F). Remove chicken from skillet.
- In same skillet, sauté onion and pepper 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger; sauté 30 seconds more. Stir in rice and soy sauce; reduce heat to medium. Add egg substitute and cook, stirring occasionally, until set.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook just until heated through.