Chicken Minestrone Soup
- Total Fat4 g
- Cholesterol40 mg
- Sodium1310 mg
- Total Carbohydrate24 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/2 onion, diced
3 can chicken broth, 14.5 oz.
1 can red kidney beans, 16 oz., drained
1 cup macaroni shells, dry
3/4 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup green beans
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, carrots, and onion. Cook, stirring often for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add the broth, kidney beans, macaroni shells, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a slight boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and green beans. Simmer for 3 minutes.