Chicken Polenta Panzanella Salad
- Total Fat30 g
- Cholesterol75 mg
- Sodium1690 mg
- Total Carbohydrate46 g
- Protein31 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cup polenta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon capers, drained and chopped
2 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
8 Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
2 Greek peppers, seeded, minced
1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the polenta and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet, place into a large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat. Add the Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips and red bell pepper, and cook until pepper begins to soften, approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of polenta, and cool for 1-2 minutes.
- To the bowl, add in the tomato, cucumber, onion, capers, feta cheese, olives, Greek peppers and chopped basil. Mix gently.
- In a small bowl make dressing by whisking together garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and black pepper. Add in the olive oil slowly in a steady stream as your continue to whisk until fully combined. Pour over chicken mixture, toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh basil.