A mix of vegetables, Grilled & Ready® Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, and creamy sauce wrapped in a flaky crust.
Chicken Pot Pie Empanadas
- Total Fat31 g
- Cholesterol105 mg
- Sodium1100 mg
- Total Carbohydrate45 g
- Protein22 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 bunch (8-10) scallions, sliced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 packet dried onion-and-mushroom soup and dip mix
1 ½ cups half-and-half, warm
1 cup frozen peas-and-carrots
2 frozen pie dough rounds, thawed according to package directions
- Place an oven rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook scallions, stirring, until softened, about 1minute. Stir in flour and soup mix and cook 1 minute. While constantly stirring, add half-and-half. Add peas-and-carrots and Grilled & Ready® Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast. Remove from heat.
- Roll each dough round out according to package directions. Cut each in half. Place a quarter of chicken mix on one side of each dough piece, leaving a ½-inch border. Dip a fingertip in water and dampen the borders. Fold the dough over the filling and press the borders to seal. Use a fork to make a decorative edge. Cut three slits in each empanada.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.