Delight your senses with this tantalizing dish that combines the comforting familiarity of adobo with the invigorating allure of citrus.
Chipotle Adobo Marinaded Chicken
- Total Fat37 g
- Cholesterol255 mg
- Sodium490 mg
- Total Carbohydrate4 g
- Protein43 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 can chipotle peppers
2 limes, squeezed
1 orange, squeezed
1 tablespoon dried whole Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 garlic cloves
1/3 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 pineapple, cored and sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Cut each hen down the backbone using sharp shears and spread flat on a cutting board and pat dry.
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients plus only two thin slices of pineapple in blender and blend until homogenous.
- Marinate Hens for up to 1 hour before cooking.
- Place hens on grill breast side down and cover for 20 minutes. After first 20 minutes flip once and cook additional 15 minutes covered until internal temperature reaches 180°F. Optional: Grill Remaining Pineapple for extra sweetness to serve with hen.