A heated sauce made from melted cinnamon candies and applesauce serve as a sweet and spicy topper to traditional pork chops. Enjoy a whole new taste tonight.
Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
- Total Fat17 g
- Cholesterol45 mg
- Sodium457 mg
- Total Carbohydrate27 g
- Protein20 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
4 , 3/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoon cinnamon red-hot candies
- Brush chops lightly with oil.
- To prepare applesauce, stir together applesauce and candies in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until candies are melted; stir well to thoroughly combine. Keep warm.
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium-high. Place chops in skillet and cook, turning to brown evenly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle chops with pepper; add broth and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently 5 minutes or until done (internal temp 155°F).
- To serve, top chops with warm applesauce.