Coffee Bean and Star Anise "Rubbed" Ribs with Asian Glaze
- Total Fat31 g
- Cholesterol87 mg
- Sodium2739 mg
- Total Carbohydrate29 g
- Protein43 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 package , about 2-lbs.
3 pod star anise
1 tablespoon coffee beans, whole
1 tablespoon black pepper, coarsely ground
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, minced
2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Set up grill for indirect cooking: For gas grill, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place food over "off" burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium-low. Close lid. For charcoal grill, arange hot coals around outer edge of grill: place disposable pan in open space; place food over open area. Close lid. Heat to medium-low.
- In a spice mill, grind star anise and coffee beans. Combine with pepper, salt and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Rub mixture evenly over all sides of ribs.
- Place ribs on grill over indirect heat. Cover and cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until very tender.
- While ribs are cooking, prepare sauce by combining remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to blend well. Baste ribs with sauce frequently during last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking time.