A crisp green salad topped with lightly seasoned Grilled & Ready® Fajita Chicken Breast Strips, creamy avocado and sweet corn.
Corn and Avocado Salad with Fajita Chicken Strips
- Total Fat17 g
- Cholesterol60 mg
- Sodium940 mg
- Total Carbohydrate31 g
- Protein30 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 (11-ounce) package Grilled & Ready® Fajita Chicken Breast Strips
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon oil
1 ear of corn, cut into panels
3 heads romaine lettuce, chopped and washed
1 red bell pepper, diced
¼ red onion, sliced
1 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
⅓ cup Cotija cheese
1 lime, cut into slices
- Place ear of corn in microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. Let sit for one minute and remove with a towel or cloth as corn will be hot. Cut off one end and squeeze to release corn from husk. Allow to cool before cutting in half and then slicing corn off, maintaining whole sections or panels. Set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet place water and oil in pan and heat to medium high. Place chicken in pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even browning. Cook to internal temperature of 170°F.
- Toss all ingredients except chicken, cheese, and lime in a bowl, mixing well.
- Place chicken over salad and garnish with Cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime or your favorite dressing.