Long grain and wild rice mixed with almonds and celery complement the sweet cranberry glaze, while the savory Cornish hen provides the craving they're looking for at dinnertime.
Cranberry-Glazed Cornish Hens with Wild Rice
- Total Fat43 g
- Cholesterol257 mg
- Sodium374 mg
- Total Carbohydrate28 g
- Protein47 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
4 Premium Cornish Hens, thawed
1 box fast-cooking long grain and wild rice, 6-oz.
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/3 cup almonds, slivered; optional
1 can jellied cranberry sauce, 8-oz.
2 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in celery, almonds and half of cranberry sauce; cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spoon about 3/4 cup rice mixture into cavity of each hen. Tie drumsticks together with string and place on rack in roasting pan. Brush each hen with oil.
- Roast hens, basting occasionally with oil, 35 to 45 minutes or until done (internal temp 180°F for hens, center of stuffing 165°F).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining cranberry sauce in small saucepan until melted. Remove hens from oven; remove and discard string.
- Remove stuffing from hen and hand divide among 8 plates. Cut each hen in half down the backbone and plate with wild rice stuffing. Spoon melted cranberry sauce over hens before serving.