Crispy chicken strips altered with a fresh deli ham, provolone cheese, and ranch dressing, made into a Stromboli by wrapping in a fresh pizza dough. Fresh, rich, and a new staple in just 30 minutes. Created by Dan at Platter Talk, winner of the Tyson® Chicken Recipe Challenge.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Stromboli
- Total Fat41 g
- Cholesterol75 mg
- Sodium1490 mg
- Total Carbohydrate43 g
- Protein26 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
13 ounce Crispy Chicken Strips
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pizza crust, ready to use in tube
1 cup ranch-style salad dressing
6 slice deli ham, thinly sliced
4 ounce provolone cheese
1 Italian parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Place chicken strips in hot oil for about 2 minutes each side; just long enough to crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough out on parchment paper to a rectangle shape, about 11" x 13".
- Spread Ranch dressing evenly over dough and place chicken in a row, down the center. Evenly distribute ham and cheese over chicken.
- Cut dough in 1" strips from the edge toward the center. Fold the top and the bottom over the chicken and ham stuffing. One by one, fold the strips over the center of the food, alternating sides, as if braiding the dough.
- Whisk egg, and brush over the braided dough.
- Bake on a pizza stone, or baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.