Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Total Fat22 g
- Cholesterol75 mg
- Sodium1250 mg
- Total Carbohydrate49 g
- Protein32 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2-1/2 pound Crispy Chicken Strips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 clove garlic
1 cup onion, diced
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded, chopped
15 ounce diced tomatoes, canned, with juice
16 ounce tomato sauce
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup fresh basil
8 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
8 ounce vermicelli pasta
- Prepare Crispy Chicken Strips according to package directions on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While Chicken Strips and pasta are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the cans of diced tomatoes and sauce and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in tomato paste, salt, pepper and basil and continue to heat for 10 minutes.
- When Crispy Chicken Strips are cooked, remove from oven and leave on same baking pan. Place 1 piece of mozzarella cheese on each Chicken Strip and cover with 1/4 cup of the basil tomato sauce. Return to the oven and heat for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve over prepared pasta.