Crispy Chicken Street Tacos
- Total Fat34 g
- Cholesterol60 mg
- Sodium1300 mg
- Total Carbohydrate44 g
- Protein30 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1-1/4 pound Crispy Chicken Strips
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
6 tablespoon fresh lime juice, divided
1 red onion, diced
2 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoon habaneros, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 white corn tortillas, small
1/2 cup cotjia cheese, crumbled
- Prepare Crispy Chicken Strips according to package directions. When cooked, slice lengthwise and set aside.
- Prepare lime barbecue sauce in a small bowl by mixing BBQ sauce and 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- In separate bowl prepare the fiery habanero pico de gallo by mixing together red onion, garlic, 1/4 cup lime juice, cilantro, habanero, salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry large skillet over medium-high heat and toast the tortillas until soft and pliable. Fill immediately, or cover with a damp towel.
- To assemble layer lime barbecue sauce, fiery habanero pico de gallo and sliced Crispy Chicken Strips on warmed tortillas. Top with crumbled cotjia cheese.