Crunchified-Baked Chicken Spring Rolls
- Total Fat1 g
- Cholesterol20 mg
- Sodium260 mg
- Total Carbohydrate15 g
- Protein8 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
17 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, divided
2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 lime, juiced, divided
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, chopped, divided
5 stalk green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
12 ounce coleslaw mix
3 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 pepper, to taste
2 teaspoon sea salt
12 ounce rice paper wrappers
- Make dipping sauce by combining 1 cup (16 T.) sweet chili sauce, chili garlic sauce, sriracha, juice from 1/2 of lime, 1 diced jalapeno, green onions and 8 stems of fresh cilantro chopped. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine 1 T. sweet chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, gingerroot, 1 diced jalapeno, juice from other 1/2 of lime, and 1/2 cup cilantro. When combined toss in coleslaw until coated. Set aside.
- Prepare Grilled & Ready chicken according to package directions.
- In separate bowl combine sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Gently fold in coleslaw mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fill a shallow dish, that is a little larger than the diameter of the rice paper wrapper, with 1" of warm water. Place one rice paper at a time into the water and hold under the water for 5-10 seconds. Remove to a small wet kitchen towel. Once pliable, place on a plate and add 1 1/2 T. of filling to the lower edge of the rice paper nearest to you, leaving a 1" edge on 3 sides. Fold the lower 1" edge over the filling, and then fold in the left 1" edge and then the right 1" edge. Starting at the filling side, roll until you reach the top edge. Set rolls under wet towel to keep moist while you continue to make spring rolls until the filling is used up.
- Place the rolls on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Spray a fine layer of cooking spray over the top of all rolls and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning half way until crispy and lightly browned. Remove to paper towel to blot any remaining cooking spray. Place rolls on a platter and garnish with cilantro, green onion or jalapenos and serve with dipping sauce.