Garlic, salt, and black pepper are all you need to bring out the flavor in a great-tasting chicken thigh. The seasonings meld with the meat when it’s in the oven, which means every bite tastes the same.
Dry-Brine Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Total Fat18 g
- Cholesterol110 mg
- Sodium830 mg
- Total Carbohydrate4 g
- Protein30 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 whole garlic cloves
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 120⁰F.
- Pulse garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Remove and spread onto a cooking sheet. Heat in oven for 3-4 hours or until the mixture starts to dry out. For even drying, rotate mixture every 15 minutes.
- Once mixture dries, rub onto thighs. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a charcoal grill, heat the charcoal until ash in color.
- Place thighs on the grill.
- Turn thighs using tongs; cover and grill for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180⁰F.