This tart starts with a pie crust, takes rich, creamy Gruyere and Asiago cheeses and adds in crispy chicken strips and herbs and veggies for a well-rounded meal.
Easy Crispy Chicken and Cheesy Spinach Tart
- Total Fat35 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium1210 mg
- Total Carbohydrate53 g
- Protein29 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2-1/2 pound Crispy Chicken Strips
2 tablespoon butter
1 sweet onion, diced
11 ounce fresh spinach
14 ounce pie crust, 2 crusts
1/4 cup Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
2 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Prepare Crispy Chicken Strips according to package directions. Set aside, but keep oven on. Slice Crispy Chicken Strips when cooled.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring often until onions are tender. Add spinach to the pan and heat for an additional 5 minutes stirring often until spinach has wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- To assemble, lay out pie crusts on parchment lined baking sheets. Spread 1/2 of Alfredo sauce in the middle of the crusts leaving 1 1/2 inches around the edge without any cheese sauce. On top of sauced pie crusts, evenly divide the caramelized onions and spinach, Crispy Chicken Strips, Asiago cheese and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Fold outside edges up and in over filling, center will remain without pie crust covering. Crimp with your fingers as you move around so that pie crust holds the filling. Brush egg wash over the edges of the crust and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.