A simple appetizer that layers classic Mexican ingredients and fajita seasoning-rubbed chicken on small squares of Focaccia bread. Ready in less than a half hour, including bake time.
Easy Fiesta Chicken Appetizer Squares
- Total Fat5 g
- Cholesterol32 mg
- Sodium490 mg
- Total Carbohydrate16 g
- Protein15 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1 cup refried beans, canned, fat-free
1 prebaked pizza crust
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend, reduced fat, finely shredded
1/4 cup black olives, pitted; cut into wedges
- Rub chicken evenly with 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet to medium. Place chicken in skillet. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken; add onion and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer or until onion is tender and chicken is done (internal temp 170°F). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, blend refried beans and remaining 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning in small bowl. Spread evenly over pizza crust.
- Blend cream cheese, salsa and shredded cheese in medium bowl. Spread evenly over bean mixture. Shred or chop chicken; top pizza evenly with chicken mixture and olives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pizza on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.