A mixture of tender chicken, warm potato, and simmered carrots, set inside thin layers of phyllo dough, and baked to a golden brown crust.
Flaky Chicken Pie
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol60 mg
- Sodium963 mg
- Total Carbohydrate88 g
- Protein28 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 large baking potato, 1/2-inch cubes
2 medium carrots, diced 1/4-inch
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed according to package directions
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high. Add chicken and onion. Cook, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add potato, carrot, 1/2 cup broth, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 5 or 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done (internal temp 170°F).
- Meanwhile, whisk flour into remaining broth; add to chicken and vegetables. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- On a work surface, layer sheets of phyllo, brushing between layers with melted margarine, reserving a small amount for finishing. Spray a deep 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Fit phyllo layers into casserole. Stir sour cream into chicken mixture, then spoon into pastry. Fold edges of phyllo over filling; brush with remaining margarine.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until filling is hot and crust is golden brown.