Flame Grilled Chicken with Warm Bean Vegetable Salad
- Total Fat14 g
- Cholesterol95 mg
- Sodium500 mg
- Total Carbohydrate40 g
- Protein46 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil, light
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable stock
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon miso paste, white
2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
2 tablespoon sugar
8 ounce edamame, cooked and drained
8 ounce navy beans, canned and drained
8 ounce garbanzo beans, canned and drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup hijiki seaweed, hydrated, drained and rough chopped
1 tablespoon Thai chili pepper, deseeded and minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
4 cup bok choy, trimmed
1 cup red bell pepper, deseeded and julienne cut
1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, fine julienne cut
- Preheat outdoor grill, indoor grill or griddle to 350°F. Season chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare Miso-Scallion Dressing by combining vinegar, vegetable stock, sesame oil, scallions, Miso paste, soy sauce, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the Bean Salad by combining edamame, navy beans, garbanzo beans, cilantro, mint, seaweed, Thai chili pepper, and sesame seeds. Slowly drizzle dressing into bean salad, gently incorporating to moisten the salad to taste.
- Grill the seasoned chicken on both sides until fully cooked at 170°F. Allow to rest for two minutes, and then slice into strips.
- In a sauté pan, add remaining olive oil and ginger sauté for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and red bell pepper until wilted and tender, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- For a Single Serving: Start with plating one cup cooked bok choy sauté, add bean salad over wilted greens and lay chicken over beans. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.