A wide variety of fresh summer vegetables and chicken sautéed in oil gives each plate a tasty, healthy look.
Garden Chicken Sauté
- Total Fat21 g
- Cholesterol146 mg
- Sodium860 mg
- Total Carbohydrate16 g
- Protein56 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/4 cup corn oil
1 small eggplant, peeled if desired, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 can tomato wedges, 16 oz.
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried sweet basil, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- To prevent a bitter taste, toss eggplant cubes with 1 teaspoon salt and place in colander to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well before cooking.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet to medium. Add chicken and sauté, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, stirring carefully. Add garlic salt, basil, parsley and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until chicken is done or internal temp reads 170⁰F.