Ginger Teriyaki Fried Rice
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol160 mg
- Sodium660 mg
- Total Carbohydrate46 g
- Protein32 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
3 cup rice, cooked, Jasmine preferred
3 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon gingerroot, fresh, chopped
3/4 cup onion
1/2 cup carrot, diced
2-1/2 cup broccoli, trimmed into small pieces
1-2/3 cup cabbage, sliced
4 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1-1/2 cup bean sprouts, fresh or canned
- Bring a medium sized pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rice, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 20-25 minutes. Do not stir while cooking. When rice is tender, fluff with a fork and then remove from pan.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add oil and then carefully place chicken in pan. Sear chicken for about 2 minutes and stir, searing other side for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and sauté for about 1 minute, and then add onion and cook until lightly browned.
- Add carrots, broccoli and cabbage, cooking for about 2 more minutes or until broccoli is slightly tender.
- Push all ingredients to the edges of the pan and crack 2 eggs into the open center area. Scramble the eggs for about 1 minute and then reincorporate the rest of the ingredients on the sides of the pan with the scrambled eggs.
- Add cooked rice and Teriyaki sauce. Stir the mixture, and reheat until desired temperature is reached. Finally, add in the bean sprouts and serve.