Shredded chicken with onions and peppers is layered between flour tortillas, pepper jack cheese, corn chips and a rich creamy green chili sauce. Topped with corn and black bean salsa and fresh cilantro.
Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Total Fat41 g
- Cholesterol115 mg
- Sodium660 mg
- Total Carbohydrate26 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces can chopped green chillies
2 tablespoons Chicken stock
3 Chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, divided
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
2 cups crushed corn chips
1/8 teaspoon cumin
3/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 jar black bean salsa
1 jar corn
3 medium flour tortillas
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
- Set oven to 375 degrees, spray an 8X8 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a sauté pan with heat off add 1 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. chicken stock. Place frozen chicken in pan and season with salt and pepper. Turn heat on medium high and cook 15-20 minutes turning once half way through. When chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees , remove to bowl.
- Wipe out pan and add 1 tsp. olive oil and 1/4 cup diced onion, sauté 3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Place onions aside and wipe out pan again for later use.
- With two forks, shred the chicken thoroughly. Add chipotle peppers, onions, salt, pepper, cumin and 1 tbsp. cilantro reserving remaining tbsp. for garnish. Mix well.
- In sauté pan, combine cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sour cream and green chilies. Whisk together over medium heat until smooth and consistent. Bring to boil and then turn down heat to low, simmer for 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened. Turn off heat and set pan aside.
- In baking dish, begin to build by placing enough sauce to thinly coat the bottom of the dish. Top with tortillas, then half of the chicken, 1/4 cup of corn chips, a layer of sauce, then 1/2 cup shredded cheese, repeat with one more layer. Finally, top last tortilla with remaining sauce, corn chips and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, serve and top with corn and black bean salsa and reserved cilantro.