Grilled Chicken Bolognese
- Total Fat26 g
- Cholesterol50 mg
- Sodium400 mg
- Total Carbohydrate67 g
- Protein32 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, minced
1/2 cup olive oil, divided
4-1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced, divided
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
1 salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 medium onion, diced
1-1/2 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped
2 teaspoon thyme, fresh, chopped
1/3 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a small saucepan bring 1/3 cup water and rosemary to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let seep for 5 minutes.
- Transfer rosemary and water to a blender and add 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons garlic, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine chicken and puree, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade. Grill, basting frequently with the marinade. Cook 20-25 minutes or until cooked throughout. Let cool and dice. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside
- Heat remaining oil in large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the remaining garlic, parsley, basil and thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper, wine, butter and chicken broth. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer, stirring often, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to pan and toss to coat with sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese.