Grilled Chicken Mac 'n Cheese
- Total Fat32 g
- Cholesterol140 mg
- Sodium1630 mg
- Total Carbohydrate45 g
- Protein49 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 pound Fresh Split Chicken Breasts
8 slice bacon, thick sliced, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 box macaroni and cheese, gourmet style with soft cheese pouch
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
1/2 bag frozen peas
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
3 cup white cheddar cheese, grated, divided
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Heat skillet on medium and add bacon. Cook until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Saute onions in bacon fat until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile bring medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pour in macaroni and cook until tender. Drain pasta and reserve to side.
- Heat grill on medium. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Grill chicken until cooked through and juices run clear. Chop cooked chicken into 1/2" cubes and reserve to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked macaroni with provided sauce pouch, bacon, chicken, 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese, thyme, frozen peas, parsley and onions. Mix gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer macaroni mixture into casserole dish and top with remaining white cheddar cheese and top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden brown.