Grilled Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Total Fat6 g
- Cholesterol85 mg
- Sodium880 mg
- Total Carbohydrate43 g
- Protein35 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 box long grain and wild rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounce mushrooms, quartered
1-1/2 cup red onions, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cup water
2 can fat free, low sodium chicken broth, 15.75 ounce cans
12 ounce fat free evaporated milk
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Prepare Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken according to package directions
- While rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium-sized sauce pot over medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes, or until onions become translucent. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour, tarragon, and thyme and cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. Add water, broth and evaporated milk to the pot. Bring mixture to a boil while stirring every other minute.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thick.
- Stir in cooked rice and chicken. Cook until heated through.