A flavor-packed harvest bowl loaded with a cozy blend of flavors featuring Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips.
Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Total Fat33 g
- Cholesterol80 mg
- Sodium650 mg
- Total Carbohydrate37 g
- Protein30 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 (11-ounce) package Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
1 sweet potato, peeled and small diced
1 cup pecans, rough chopped
8 cups (64 ounces) kale, chopped and washed
2 tablespoons oil, divided
2 tablespoons water, divided
½ green apple, cored and diced
salt and pepper to taste
⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss diced sweet potato in 1 tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on baking sheet. Place pecans on separate baking sheet and place both in oven. Cook pecans for 4 minutes and cook sweet potatoes for 18 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are in the oven, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat with one tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon of water. Place chicken in pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even browning. Cook to internal temperature of 170°F.
- When chicken is cooked, move it to one side of the pan and place in kale, one handful at a time until cooked down. Place one tablespoon of water in pan and cover for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Remove cover and add in quinoa, salt and pepper, apples, and sweet potatoes. Mix well.
- Top with pecans and goat cheese.