Bright pesto pops mixed with Tyson® Simply Roasted Parmesan Herb Chicken and penne pasta.
Haylie’s Pesto Chicken & Penne Pasta
- Total Fat33 g
- Cholesterol55 mg
- Sodium580 mg
- Total Carbohydrate30 g
- Protein24 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6 cups of basil, no stems
1/2 cup of pine nuts
2 large garlic cloves
3/4 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups penne pasta
1 small pinch of salt, to taste
Pine nuts and grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a food processor (this must be done in a food processor and not a blender to get the right consistency!) pulse the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic cloves, 3/4 cup olive oil and cheese.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté chicken strips with 1 teaspoon of olive oil till golden and warmed throughout.
- Prepare penne pasta according to package directions.
- Strain pasta and toss in the skillet with chicken and desired amount of pesto. Salt to taste.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- Tip: This recipe is great for feeding younger kids and picky eaters! Simply set aside chicken and penne before tossing with the pesto. A small amount of butter and parmesan on the pasta is all that is needed.