Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Holiday Rice
- Total Fat34 g
- Cholesterol189 mg
- Sodium245 mg
- Total Carbohydrate41 g
- Protein77 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 , well-trimmed (2 to 3-lb.)
2 teaspoon olive oil
3 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dried
2 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 package frozen French-cut green beans, 9-oz., thawed
3 cup white rice, cooked and hot
1/3 cup almonds, toasted; slivered
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, basil, black pepper and rosemary; press onto tenderloin. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Cook roast, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes for medium rare (internal temp 140°F) or 45 to 50 minutes for medium doneness (internal temp 150°F). Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F.)
- Meanwhile, heat butter in large skillet over medium. Add onion, bell pepper and 1 clove of garlic, minced; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add beans; cook 2 minutes. Stir in rice and almonds; heat through.
- Carve roast; season with salt to taste. Serve with rice mixture.