Savor rich, smoky paprika complemented by a tantalizing kick of hot honey. A symphony of flavor you won’t forget.
Smoked Paprika and Hot Honey Glazed Hen
- Total Fat35 g
- Cholesterol255 mg
- Sodium770 mg
- Total Carbohydrate8 g
- Protein43 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 cup hot honey
1 tablespoon hot honey for finishing drizzle
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Heat grill to medium. Cut each hen down the backbone using sharp shears and spread flat on a cutting board and pat dry.
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients to make glaze.
- Using 2 tablespoons of glaze per Hen, marinate hens for up to an hour before cooking. Reserve and set aside remaining glaze for basting while cooking.
- Place hens on the grill breast side down and cover for 20 minutes. Baste hens with glaze. After the first 20 minutes flip once, baste flipped side with remaining glaze and cook additional 15 minutes covered until internal temperature reaches 180°F.
- Remove from grill and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of hot honey over hens for added sweetness and heat.