This dip-able wing sauce is just what the party wants, with raisins, apricot, brown sugar, banana, and other unique flavors. Perfect with grilled chicken.
Island Chicken Wings
- Total Fat6 g
- Cholesterol18 mg
- Sodium108 mg
- Total Carbohydrate14 g
- Protein7 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 can green chilies, 4-oz. can, diced, drained
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoon apricot preserves
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 large banana, peeled, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon garlic oil
- Cut off wing tips; discard or save for another purpose. Cut remaining wings apart at joint to make 2 pieces each.
- Combine chilies, onion, raisins, preserves, brown sugar, lemon juice, allspice and banana in blender; puree.
- Heat garlic oil in large skillet to medium-low. Season wings with salt and pepper to taste; cook 18-20 minutes or until well-browned and done (internal temp 180°F).
- Meanwhile pour sauce in small saucepan and cook, stirring frequently over medium heat for 10 minutes to thicken liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve as dipping sauce with prepared wings.