Italian Chicken Casserole
- Total Fat25 g
- Cholesterol75 mg
- Sodium750 mg
- Total Carbohydrate35 g
- Protein26 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 cup Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breastscubed
1 cup elbow macaroni, dry
2 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz.
1-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
1 kosher salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 tablespoon butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 8x8x2 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bring medium sized pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and follow pasta instructions. When tender, drain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onions and garlic, stirring to combine, and cook until the onions are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with the cooked pasta in large bowl. Add canned tomatoes with juice, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Place mixture in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of pasta. Dot the top with slices of butter. Bake until top is gold brown, about 30 minutes.