Lemon-Herb Beef Roast
- Total Fat40 g
- Cholesterol275 mg
- Sodium627 mg
- Total Carbohydrate28 g
- Protein82 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 , 3 to 4-lb.
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound red potatoes, small; halved
1/2 pound baby carrots
4 small onions, halved
2 medium zucchini, sliced 3/4-inch
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon peel and pepper; press half of seasonings mix onto beef roast. Place other half of seasonings mix into bowl. Add remaining olive oil and mix well. Toss potatoes, carrots and onions in mixture; set aside.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat.
- Roast, uncovered, 1 3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare (internal temp145° F) or 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours for medium doneness (internal temp 155° F). After 1/2 hour, place seasoned vegetables, except zucchini, on rack around roast.
- Transfer roast to board; tent with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes (Temp will continue to rise about 5° F).
- Increase oven temperature to 425° F. Add zucchini to vegetables on rack; roast 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Carve roast, removing and discarding fat. Serve meat with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.