This simple but elegant sheet pan meal features Cornish Hen atop hearty fall vegetables paired with the bright flavor of lemon
Lemon Rosemary Cornish Hens
- Total Fat22 g
- Cholesterol115 mg
- Sodium200 mg
- Total Carbohydrate14 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 fully thawed Premium Cornish Hen
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 lemons, thinly sliced
8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed slightly
8 rosemary sprigs
8 oz brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
8 oz baby red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
8 oz butternut squash, diced
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the inside of the Cornish hens with salt and pepper. Place the lemon slices, 1 crushed garlic clove, and 1 sprigs of rosemary inside each hen. Tie the legs of each hen together with twine and season the outside with salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts, potatoes, squash, and remaining garlic cloves with the olive oil. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, and top with the remaining sprigs of rosemary.
- Nestle the Cornish hens into the vegetables and then transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Roast until the hens are golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the Cornish hens reaches 180°F, about 50-60 minutes.
- Servings: 4-7 (Nutrition is based on 7 servings)