Melted butter mixed with thyme and lemon makes for super-juicy and tender pork. The trick is in injecting the mixture into the tenderloin. Recipe provided by Judy Armstrong, first runner-up of King of the Grill recipe contest.
Lemon-Thyme Infused Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Total Fat9 g
- Cholesterol81 mg
- Sodium920 mg
- Total Carbohydrate1 g
- Protein22 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoon thyme leaves, fresh
2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon zest, thyme, garlic, cayenne, paprika and salt. Pour the lemon-thyme mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Fill a meat injector with half the mixture and inject it into the center of the tenderloin in four different areas.
- Place tenderloin on grill. Cook 10 minutes, brushing frequently with remaining lemon-thyme mixture. Turn tenderloin, brush with lemon-thyme mixture and continue grilling an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until done (internal temp 155°F).
- Let tenderloin set 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Garnish tenderloin with fresh thyme sprigs and lemon slices.