Oven roasted chicken breast with crisp bacon and cheddar cheese, topped with a salad of fresh spinach, arugula and red grapes with a cool dollop of green onion sour cream. A hearty-and-cool combo, sure to please the family.
Loaded Hasselback Chicken
- Total Fat42 g
- Cholesterol230 mg
- Sodium770 mg
- Total Carbohydrate15 g
- Protein74 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6 slices bacon, uncooked, cut into 1/3's
1/4 cup butter, unsalted, 18 slices
3/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup low fat chive & onion cream cheese
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1 cup spinach and arugula blend
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup red grape, sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay out chicken breasts on a clean work surface and make six slices in the thicker part of each breast. Each slice should be about half an inch deep, but should not go all the way through the breast. Place one piece of bacon and a cube of butter into each slice. Place the chicken breasts onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Remove the chicken and increase oven heat to the broil setting 450-500°F. Divide the cheddar cheese atop each breast and place under broiler for no more than 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream together and place a dollop on top of each chicken breasts.
- Make salad by mixing the spinach and arugula mix, cranberries, and red grapes. Mix together the lemon juice and olive oil and dress the salad. Place salad on top of the prepared chicken breasts.