Maple-flavored bacon. Melty cheddar cheese. Crispy chicken strips¬¬. Heated in a waffle iron. Looks like lunch, tastes like breakfast.
Maple Chicken WaffleWich
- Total Fat35 g
- Cholesterol80 mg
- Sodium1430 mg
- Total Carbohydrate98 g
- Protein34 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
12 ounce Crispy Chicken Strips
8 slice whole wheat bread
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup bacon, maple-flavored, cooked, crumbled
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup maple syrup, warmed
- Prepare Crispy Chicken Strips according to package directions. When cooled enough to handle, cut Strips to fit the size of the bread, 2 slices per sandwich. Set aside, keep warm.
- Evenly spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- To assemble sandwiches lay 4 slices of bread on work surface. Layer on top of mayonnaise 2 T. bacon, 2 T. cheese and 2 slices of Crispy Chicken Strips, another 2 T. of bacon and finally 2 T. cheese. Top with other slice of bread. Repeat to create 4 sandwiches.
- Lightly spray a hot waffle iron with spray and place sandwich on waffle iron. Close, press and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove sandwich from the waffle iron and slice in half.
- Serve with small bowl of warmed maple syrup.