Mexican Style Roast Chicken Breast
- Total Fat16 g
- Cholesterol105 mg
- Sodium310 mg
- Total Carbohydrate14 g
- Protein41 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 Poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, diced
2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
1 large red onion, sliced
3 Roma tomatoes, seeded, sliced
3 clove garlic, chopped
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoon mesquite seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F, place rack in upper 1/3 of oven. Combine Poblano and bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add 1 T. olive oil and season with salt and pepper, mix gently. Place vegetables in the bottom of a 9”x11” casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine mesquite seasoning, chili powder, 1 T. olive oil and mix well. Lightly brush the seasoned chili oil on both sides of the chicken breast and place on top of vegetables. Squeeze lime juice over chicken.
- Place the casserole dish in oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped cilantro.