Tortilla bowls are easy to make, and then it’s just a matter of filling with tasty Mexican ingredients like tomato, onion and cilantro and Grilled & Ready® chicken.
Mexicana Chicken in Crispy Tortilla Bowls
- Total Fat8 g
- Cholesterol45 mg
- Sodium1300 mg
- Total Carbohydrate45 g
- Protein20 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6 flour tortillas, 8-inch
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
29 ounce tomatoes with green chilies
14-1/2 ounce black beans, rinsed, drained
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- Prepare Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 10-oz. ovenproof custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place on cookie sheet.
- Place tortillas on microwaveable plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until very soft. Spray one side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. Center tortillas over cups, coated sided up. Press into cups so top edges are even and against side of each cup to make bowl as large as possible. Bake on bottom rack for 15 minutes or until tortillas are stiff enough to hold their shape. Remove tortilla bowls from cups, place on cookie sheet. Return to oven and bake 3 minutes longer or until browned and stiff. Remove tortilla bowls from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack.
- Heat olive oil in a 8-quart stock pot over medium-high heat until oil is hot. Add the onions and celery. Cook, string occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, chicken strips, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into the 6 tortilla bowls. Garnish each with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.