No-Fuss Beef Lasagna
- Total Fat15 g
- Cholesterol80 mg
- Sodium1013 mg
- Total Carbohydrate51 g
- Protein25 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 jar pasta sauce, 26 to 30-oz.
1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, 14 1/2-oz., undrained
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 carton ricotta cheese, 15-oz.
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg, slightly beaten
10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium. Add ground beef and break up into small crumbles. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Pour off drippings; season with salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and pepper.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg in medium bowl.
- Spread 2 cups beef sauce in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, arranged lengthwise in single layer; place fifth noodle crosswise at end of dish, breaking noodle to fit. Press noodles lightly into sauce. Spread ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with 1 1/2 cups beef sauce. Add remaining noodles in single layer; press into sauce. Top with remaining beef sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Let stand 15 minutes.